Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ira Robinson


Meet the man, the myth and the legend that has become Ira Robinson. This is a man not easily subdued by strife. Pulling himself up from considerable set backs he is by far one who should hold his head up high, as his achievements are anything but small. 

Let's get to meet this amazing author and get a glimpse into the mind who gave us books such as 'Silent Steps', 'Penitence', and 'The Eternals Game'.



1.) How long have you been writing?

I actually started writing when I was about 8 years old, though only sporadically.  I was just finding my roots and footing in the world, and there I was trying to create new ones.  I stopped when I was about 12, and then picked it up again at 19 years of age.

I stopped again in my late twenties.  My (now ex-) wife decided it would be a good thing for me to forget about writing, and burned all of my stories in a fire.  Another incident a few years later with another person led me to give it up for a while. it broke my confidence, to say the least.

About 4 years ago, I began to write again, and have not stopped since.

2.) What got you into writing?

I always loved reading and picked up on "big people books" at a very early age.  I wanted to emulate what I saw, and my imagination was pretty wild.  Had to get those "voices" out, somehow.

When I started writing again later, it was primarily as a way for me to get out a lot of emotional things I had going on.  It was a catharsis for me.  I still wanted to draw people into the stories I was creating, but at that point, it was much more for me than anyone else.

3.) What's your favorite genre of writing?

A big question, actually.

I like to write blended genres most of the time.  Speculative fiction would be the best category I would put myself into since I write stories about fantasy worlds with science fiction elements, psychological horror with fantasy elements, and that sort of thing.

When I was younger, I tried to stick much more into the traditional roots of a genre, but since then, I have let my own inner wild go.

4.) Do you have any work currently published?

In fact, I do.

I currently have 8 books on the market.

4 of them are non-fiction books and involve different topics.

Two of those are a little dated, written years ago, give different methods to make money, both from a business standpoint and as an individual.

One, "When Good Relationships Go Bad" is a self-help book which seeks to help people enable themselves to break out of the cycle of bad relationships they get into and move forward into a more controlled life.  It's helped quite a few people, from the responses I have received on it.

The last is "Haunted: Finding an Explanation for the Unknown."  This is a book about the paranormal, including an in-depth history of it going all the way back to pre-history days and is sort of a go-to book for everything about hauntings.

In the fiction realm, I have 4 books published or being published soon.

"Silent Steps" is a science fantasy story and the first of a trilogy.  The second book, "Voices Carry" is due out in the next two months.  These tell the story of a young girl, Aylen, who is unable to speak normally.  She is told she is to be the "voice of her Goddess" by her Goddess, herself, and is caught in a destiny to rid her planet of the alien invaders that have enslaved her people for a thousand years.

"Penitence" is a psychological horror story about a woman named Christa, trapped by a person she thought she loved in a horrible circumstance.  The book has a little bit of everything, including true love, obsession, demonic possession, and redemption.

Finally, "The Eternals Game" is due out within the next three months.  This is the story of a man with a problem.  He's caught in the center of a game being played between eternal beings vying for control of the universe, and he does not want to be.  To top it all, the only person who knows the full truth is the ghost of his dead sister who haunts him.

5.) What is your current WIP?

The Black Rose Files is an ongoing series in episodic form, about a sleepy little town named Tanglewood.

Located in the remote areas of Louisiana, Tanglewood is a town shrouded in mystery, where the paranormal is normal and the weird comes to live.

See that building over there? That's Tangled Treats Bakery.  Elizabeth Barlowe runs the place.  She's been through some tough times since her husband left her to raise her daughter alone.  When her daughter comes up missing, the chaos that comes to her life may be more than she can take.

Over on the next block, we have the home of Eloise Thorne.  Eloise is an old lady by anyone's standards, but she lives alone and prefers it that way.  She just wants to be left alone with her collection of dolls.

And that house over there? It's rumored that anyone who tries to stay the night ends up dead.

Nothing's really normal in Tanglewood, and some people prefer things that way.  Others, like the Black Rose Society, will do anything it takes to make sure what happens in Tanglewood stays there.

6.) What is your favorite character to write and why?

I have to admit, I like writing bad people sometimes.

To that end, one of my favorites has been Samuel.  He's a demonic entity who was one of the major players in my book, "Penitence."

He's secretive, logical and absolutely detestable by anyone's morality, but he also does everything to help his people.  Everything he does has that goal in mind.

I think every villain has a side most people ignore, and I, personally, love to explore that side, to make them as deep as they can be.  I want my readers to sympathize with them, even when they feel they have to hate them.

Samuel was a good chance for me to play with that aspect of writing.




Thank you so much for the questions.  I hope that everyone has the best year they've ever had and that all of their dreams come to fruition.

If you want to check out my stories, you can find them on my website Website.  At that site, as well, you will also find writing tips, writing prompts, and other aspects designed to aid new and old writers find new ways to explore their own craft.

And thank you, Alyssa, for the opportunity to share myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment