Thursday, January 25, 2018

                   Victoria Trenton

Victoria has rocked the world with her debut novel, 'The OutMate', or maybe it's just mine that she's managed to ensnare with the sordid tale of danger, lust, and self discovery. Her main character is a daring woman with her own gritty past that finds herself completely undone and remade by Nick Jessup. A man that is almost tailor made to most every women's dark fantasy. 

What's refreshing for me with this is the fresh take that comes with this bad boy romance, and that lies in the fact that this is an honest love. This isn't someone coming into a relationship to change the other, but the raw emotions that comes from completely losing oneself into someone else's world--even if their world is less than ideal. And it takes you on a journey of having yourself completely remade as our star manages to stumble and fall through this epic tale. 

It's a sense of realness that will leave you dizzy every time you have to set it down. 

So I think it's about time we get to meet the outstanding author behind the words. 
-----
1) How long have you been a writer?

I've been writing since I was a little girl. Mind you, my original work was really horrific, and it was mostly about unicorns, elves, and other mythical creatures, but I was lucky enough to have a mother who saw past my less than stellar beginnings to what my writing would become over time. So many young artists of all kinds endure ridicule for early attempts that poison them forever towards developing their own style and squash their inner talent. My childhood was not like that. Dream, my mother told me, and put it all on paper. Boy, did I ever.

2) What got you into writing?

It was more that writing got into me. I have never been one to take a lot of credit for the actual writing. I work hard, I pay attention, and I have a ridiculous imagination, but the real inspiration for my work comes from somewhere else. I call it the Muse but it's a loose term to cover what I really conceive as some kind of huge sentient being who somehow gets inside me and pours out stories that left to my own devices, I cannot imagine I'd have the talent to unfold.

3) What's your favorite genre of writing?

Erotic Crime Thrillers. I like exploring the darker side of humanity in all its glory/gory, which I guess comes from two places- being the woman of a career criminal for eight years, and from my own deeply erotic, dark side. When you can take really disturbing life truths and not only find beauty and eroticism in them, you also make your readers feel them, you know you hit a live vein. We all have a dark side. Some of us are just more open to explore it.

4) Do you have any work already published? If not do you want to include a snippet of what you're currently working on?

I have two novels published, the first two volumes of The Outmate Trilogy. Book I is The Outmate, which is the story of a young woman discovering the darkness within herself through the overwhelming influence of her violent criminal lover, and the sequel, volume two, The Mastermind, which continues the dark and deviant journey of the twisted, sexy pair. The third and final volume of The Trilogy, The Sea Wolf, is due to come out Fall of 2018.

5) What's your WIP about?

The Sea Wolf is the third book of The Outmate Trilogy, and what I'm working on presently for release this Fall. I'm in the piecing together stage of that novel, in that I write all my pivotal scenes first, and then piece them together so the whole plot flows. Miraculously I rarely have to rip up plots and rework them- as I said my Muse knows what it's on about before it takes control of my fingers and therefore all I have to do is let it flow at will. A good example of this are books four and five, Dead Ends, and The Wolf Girl, which I began writing a year ago only to realize that they loosely tie into The Trilogy as well, and many of the important characters intersect. My books are full of hidden jokes, interrelations, and overlapping plots. My Muse has a whole universe out there much like Sin City, written by the incredible Frank Miller.

6) Who is your favorite character to write so far? And why? 

Nick Jessup is by far the best character I've ever written. He's complex, frightening, brilliant, sexy, and to put it bluntly you won't always like the man. He can snap at a moment's notice and wreak some horrific, bloody violence on everyone around him. But when it comes right down to bare bones, Nick Jessup inspires a grudging respect, love, and empathy (not to mention lust) from readers simply because underneath all that bravado lies a very damaged, wounded soul. Nick was based on my ex-fiancé who is still one of my closest friends, and the character mirrors the real man very closely. Writing The Sea Wolf, which is Nick Jessup's final appearance in my writing, is bittersweet and painful at times because he is the nearest and dearest of my characters to my heart, damn his ferocious, sarcastic and dangerous soul. But I'll give away a little secret… Nick has a son, Kai. Let Freud make of that what he will.
----
Okay, so I'm a little frazzled at that secret at the end! I haven't even gotten to the second book yet. 

But in all seriousness, you should definitely check out her books. Both of which are on amazon and don't forget to give her Facebook page a like to keep up with any new updates she has in store. 


You'll find yourself as smitten with Nick as I have become, all while falling for the colorful and beautiful surrounding cast Victoria has created. This is seriously a story unlike any other I have come across and I promise you, you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment