Friday, January 12, 2018

Wendy Collet

Now this is an author who has a way with hot romance. I'm talking, seat gripping, head reeling, romance. I have had the pleasure of reading her debut novel, ' The Mate's Ring.' A short, but loveable story about falling in love when you least expect it. (Not to mention the dangers that come from loving a powerful Alpha!) 
Now, for those who don't know me. I am not someone who hangs onto romance. It's rare for me to enjoy a novel dipped in it. But let me tell you, Wendy Collet managed to create absolutely stunning characters; rich and vibrant against the page. And her gripping mastery surrounding those intimate scenes had even my heart racing. 

But that's enough from me. Lets hear from the author herself. 

1) How long have you been a writer?

I published my first book in September, but I have been writing for six years.  I had a non-fiction short story published by my college in 2012. 

2) What got you into writing? 

I have wanted to be an author since I was in the 5th grade (many, many years ago…lol).  Six years ago, I was inspired by one of my favorite authors to actually put pen to paper. Life got in the way of finishing that book, until this year.  My intentions were to write my book for myself, but I had two very special friends talk me into publishing my book.  I decided to make my dream come true and I wanted to have people read my book and love it.  

3) What’s your favorite genre of writing? 

My favorite genre is paranormal romance.  I love me a sexy Alpha.  

4) Do you have any work already published? If not do you want to include a snippet of what you’re currently working on? 

I have one book published, The Mate’s Ring.  

5) What’s your WIP about? 

My WIP is the 2nd book to my first, tentatively titled, Connor.  I have a couple other books that I have started, but this is the book that is talking to me.  

6) Who is your favorite character to write so far? And why?

My favorite character is in my current WIP, Connor.  He’s a strong, passionate character that has always been distant when it came to others.  


I don't know about you, but I am certainly eagerly awaiting her next book's release. But in the meantime as we wait, be sure to check out her Author's Page.

And for those interesting in diving into her first novel, you can find it right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment