Monday, December 11, 2017


Alex Laymen



Alex Laymen is a master of the micronovel. Twisting littles tales in short, potent blurbs that entice the reader and leave them dazzled. 

Today we're lucky enough to have a moment of his time for a quick little interview!

How long have you been a writer?

I have been writing since the age of fourteen.

What got you into writing?

I actually decided to start writing after I picked up my first book by Stephen King. It was his book that was titled, Cujo.

What’s your favorite genre of writing?

I think very highly of my idol. I’m going to say my favorite genre has to be horror.

Do you have any work already published? If not do you want to include a snippet of what you’re currently working on?

I have yet to be published, and I would love to share.

“Mother continuously preached to me about how he would return with food, it was a straight up mess of tangled lies and utter nonsense. He was not coming back and I knew that, but she continued to believe the man with the drink in his hand. Food was the only thing on my mind while I watched her plea for her life, it was an awful time watching her squirm as I peeled back her flesh.”

What’s your WIP about?

Put yourself in the shoes of a person that can’t recall a time that they were normal. My latest piece follows a set of characters, each plagued by their own poison. This story is based off of the stories of sin, which you can listen to on my Facebook page.

Who is your favorite character to write so far? And why? 

This is a tough question. I would have to say my favorite character has to be, Wren Black. She is a character that I role play as on a site that I am a part of.


Alex was even kind enough to not just provide us with a link to his personal author's page, but to his role-playing site for those who are interested in tangling with this madman. 

I don't know about you, but I got chills reading that last sentence from his snippet!

Lovers of horror, sin and all the vices in the world wrapped tightly up in a concise little bow be sure to check out his author's page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment